Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why is Blogger so anti-markup?

Please offer me some suggestions for posting XML, HTML, and other markup in my blog posts. As I found out in my previous post, Blogger is really stupid when trying to interpret any markup in the post. My intention is that the markup isn't interpreted by the browser, but instead shown as code to the reader (see the build.xml excerpts below). In Blogger's editor, I pasted the xml, and used the WYSIWYG editor to format it. The results were devastating. Both the xml became mangled, and the resulting html that Blogger generated to adjust the format of the text wasn't correct. I ultimately had to change to the "Edit Html" view and change all the > and < characters to their encoded equivalents (ampersand-lt; and ampersand-gt;).

How do you get around this problem in your blog? I guess I could merely switch over to the "Edit Html" view full time, but then, what good is the WYSIWG editor?

Stay tuned for more on Java code coverage...

No comments: